*Not a baccalaureate degree program
- Addiction affects every level of American society, and also requires responses at every level—from individual treatment of people with addiction to collective action to maximize the benefits and minimize the harms of drug commerce, drug use, and drug policing.
- UB’s Minor in Addiction Studies is unique in drawing from experts from many different disciplines—medical, humanities, legal, social sciences, and more—to provide multi-perspective training in addiction and related issues.
- The program has been designed for all students whose interests and career goals involve addiction at any level:
- It provides a foundation for students headed toward careers in the identification, management, and treatment of addictive behaviors (e.g., Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor/CASAC certification).
- It provides a strong, evidence-based understanding of the medical and social dimensions of addiction for students pursuing careers where addiction is an important issue (e.g., law enforcement, journalism, human resources, etc.).