Admission to UB is based on a holistic review. We consider high school average, class rank (where applicable), strength of the high school academic record and SAT or ACT scores. A personal essay, recommendations, documented creative talent, demonstrated leadership, community service and special circumstances are also considered. For the 2019 admitted freshman class, UB reported an average GPA range from 90-96, an average ACT score of 24-30 and an average SAT score of 1180-1350.
The following is not required for admission, but is suggested as adequate preparation for university-level coursework:
- Four years of English (with a substantial writing component).
- Four years of social studies.
- Three years of college-preparatory science.
- Three years of a second language.
- Three years of college-preparatory mathematics.
Visit Undergraduate Admissions to learn more.