- Applications for the Architecture Minor are accepted on a rolling basis
- Minimum GPA of 2.000 overall and minimum GPA of 2.500 in two 100/200-level architecture courses for admission to the Architecture Minor;
- A minimum of 9 credits and 3 courses at the 100- or 200- level,
- A minimum of 12 credits and 4 courses at the 300- or 400-level; and
- An ARC-prefixed GPA of 2.500 in Architecture Minor courses, a minimum overall University at Buffalo GPA of 2.000, and a minimum of seven courses and 21 credits is required for program completion.
- The Architecture Minor is typically completed within 6 semesters.
All students must complete a minimum of 9 credit hours and three courses in the lower division and a minimum of 12 credit hours and four courses in the upper division. Students devise an Architecture Minor plan of study in consultation with their school advisors.
No more than 3 credits of ARC 467 (Research Practice), 3 credits of ARC 496 (Community Design Service), and 3 credits of ARC 499 (Independent Study) may be applied toward Architecture Minor requirements.
Other relevant courses (such as Special Topics courses) in the undergraduate curriculum from University at Buffalo Architecture may be approved for the minor, with qualified special permission, from the course instructor and School of Architecture and Planning Undergraduate Education.
No more than six credits of architecture transfer coursework may be applied toward Architecture Minor requirements. Contact School of Architecture and Planning Undergraduate Education for more information.
The following courses cannot be used toward Architecture Minor requirements: ARC 101, ARC 111, ARC 102, ARC 112, ARC 201, ARC 202, ARC 301, ARC 302, ARC 311, ARC 312, ARC 403, ARC 404, ARC 411, ARC 412.
Upon admission to the Architecture Minor, it is strongly recommended that students complete the Architecture Shop Safety Workshop. For more information on the Safety Workshop, contact the Architecture Materials Shop, 2 Parker Hall, South Campus.
A minimum ARC-prefixed GPA of 2.500 in all Architecture Minor courses and minimum overall University at Buffalo GPA of 2.000 is required for successful completion of the program.