Students should be in good standing (i.e., have an overall UB GPA of 2.000), and have earned a C or better in COM 101. An application includes a conference with the Undergraduate Advisor about the program's requirements and how the student may meet them.
Students may apply no more than two transfer courses (3 credit hours each) to the minor
No more than two pass-fail courses can be counted toward the minor
Department Requirements for Completion of the Minor
- Two courses (6 credits) of Communication consisting of COM 101 and one other COM course at the 200 level, with a minimum GPA of 2.000 in both courses.
- Four additional COM courses (3 credits each) at the 300 or 400 level.
- 18 total credit hours. Specific courses should be chosen in consultation with the COM dept. advisor.
- An overall 2.500 GPA in the minor.
- Students can add the minor at any point in their career, but it must be declared before or at the start of their senior year.