Program Educational Objectives: Electrical Engineering Graduates are prepared to attain the following PEOs within a few years of graduation:
- PEO #1 (Successful Careers): Graduates of the program will successfully contribute to the profession while advancing in their careers.
- PEO #2 (Life Long Learning): Graduates of the program will continue to learn through advanced study or engagement in professional development activities.
In addition, the curriculum provides opportunities for students to develop the following knowledge, skills, and behaviors by the time of graduation:
1. an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
2. an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
3. an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
4. an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
5. an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
6. an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
7. an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.