Admission to UB is based on a holistic review. We consider high school average, class rank (where applicable), strength of the high school academic record and SAT or ACT scores, if applicable. UB supports SUNY’s decision to temporarily suspend SAT and ACT requirements for admissions for the 2021-22 academic year. This temporary change of admissions eligibility requirements applies to the spring 2021, fall 2021 and spring 2022 cycles. A personal essay, recommendations, documented creative talent, demonstrated leadership, community service and special circumstances are also considered.
The following is not required for admission, but is suggested as adequate preparation for university-level coursework:
• Four years of English (with a substantial writing component).
• Four years of social studies.
• Three years of college-preparatory science.
• Three years of second language.
• Three years of college-preparatory mathematics.
Visit Undergraduate Admissions to learn more.