18 credit hours (normally six, 3-credit courses) must be completed with a minimum grade of C- required in each course intended to count toward graduation requirements.
A minimum of 3 of these must be upper-division courses. (300-400 level)
Note: There are no prerequisites for progression through the history minor, but history students are encouraged to take lower level courses prior to taking upper level courses. Students should consult with the director of undergraduate studies in Park 540 to plan their course of study.
Up to five history courses at the 100-level may be counted toward the major requirements. Recommended courses include:
- HIS 141 Human Origins of Global Society
- HIS 142 Civilizations and Beliefs: Global History
- HIS 143 Global Inequality and Power
- HIS 144 Introduction to Health, Medicine, and Society
- HIS 161 United States History I
- HIS 162 US History 2
- HIS 181 Asian Civilization I
- HIS 182 Asian Civilization II
It is recommended that these courses be taken in either the first or second year.
UB Seminar courses cannot count towards minor.