- The Learning Environment
The Learning Environment
The goal of the Military Science (MLS) Program is to train confident and competent leaders of character for commissioning as officers in the US Army, Army Reserve, or Army National Guard. Every student taking MLS will learn organizational, leadership and managerial skills that will prepare them to lead. This program is open to students of all majors, no previous military experience required.
The traditional MLS program is four years: a two-year Basic Course, for which no military obligation is incurred, and a two-year Advanced Course, plus a US Military History Course (3 credits). Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) classes are three credit college electives you can take for up to two years with no military obligation. Instructors develop their students’ physical, mental and critical thinking skills through team building and collective hands-on problem solving case studies. A number of popular and challenging extra-curricular activities are available for students who take these courses.
About Our Facilities
The Military Leadership courses are offered in conjunction with Canisius College, University at Buffalo, D’Youville Collge, and Buffalo State College. Therefore, facilities include multiple institutions as well as our own Alumni Arena.
Further details are available through the Canisius College Department of Military Science.
About Our Faculty
Our Full-Time Faculty:
- Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Gross – Professor of Military Science
- Captain Candice Freyburger – Assistant Professor of Military Science
- Captain Dennis Harris – Assistant Professor of Military Science
- Captain Marcus Kelley – Assistant Professor of Military Science
- Captain Andrew Burger – Assistant Professor of Military Science
- Master Sergeant Alfredo Burgos – Senior Military Science Instructor
- Sergeant First Class Steven Lagridge – Military Science Instructor
- Mrs. Rebecca M. Sparacino – Enrollment Officer
Please visit our department website for additional information about our faculty or contact ROTC at email@example.com or 716-888-3239.
Faculty List Directory