In our teaching, research and service, we strive to:
- Educate future social workers who will lead the profession regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Facilitate critical inquiry into and analysis of the causes and consequences of social problems and injustice.
- Produce innovative, theoretically-based and empirically-sound means of alleviating and rectifying such problems and injustices through policy and practice.
- Provide professional leadership in resolving critical social, economic and political challenges.
- Be responsive and responsible members of our university, regional, national and global communities.
- Honor the inherent dignity, rights and strengths of all individuals, families and communities.