The University at Buffalo reserves the right to evaluate all credit-bearing courses.
All credit-bearing courses (regardless of mode of delivery) from regionally accredited institutions of higher learning are considered transferable to the University at Buffalo; the grades earned in these courses are used in overall GPA calculations. The term “accredited,” as used here, refers to the following regional accreditation organizations:
- MSA/CHE, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools/Commission of Higher Education
- NEASC, New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- NCA, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- NASC, Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
- SASC-COC, Southern Association of Schools and Colleges-Commission on Colleges
- WASC-Sr., Western Association of Schools and Colleges-Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges
- WASC-Jr., Western Association of Schools and Colleges-Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
Credit courses from institutions with other than regional accreditation are evaluated for transfer purposes on a case-by-case basis.